The Control Rider is the flagship of G&S Chassis’ pioneering suspension systems. The suspension is designed with the following features:
- Lower unsprung mass for improved ride, handling and durability
- Lower overall mass for greater payload capacity at given ATM
- Control Rider is available with chassis or on its own Australia wide
- With optional upgrade to Koni Shockers
- Rigorous, documented testing to take account of vertical loads, braking loads, transverse loads, rut load, and overturning loads. All testing performed by independent engineering
consultant using dedicated test rig built on our own premises
- Locally designed and constructed using quality materials and jigs for consistent accuracy and interchange ability of parts
- Incorporates shock absorbers manufactured and calibrated to suit application.
CONCENTRIC SPRING AND SHOCK ABSORBER
– For optimum ride and damping
CONTROL RIDER TANDEM
– Tandem axle up to 3495 kg GTM
CONTROL RIDER IN ACTION
The Tanami Track is approximately 1000km of unsealed road maintained by a mining company. This lonely, isolated route takes the traveller from Alice Springs, northwest to the Kimberly in Western Australia where road conditions can vary from smooth, graded surfaces to sandy areas and deep corrugations. Though the Tanami Track is generally not recommended for caravans, those equipped with G&S Chassis’ Control Rider suspension are known to have successfully completed the journey.
Also in the Kimberly region of Western Australia is the Gibb River Road. Although this former cattle route has some sealed sections it is prone to flooding and therefore closed during the wet season. Again, caravans equipped with Control Rider suspension have successfully completed this journey.
*With all journeys of this nature it is essential that breaks are taken for inspection and cooling of vital components